Cal State L.A. Federal Credit Union has many products and services that are ideal for students, such as:
- Free Checking with e-Statements*
- Low, $25 minimum balance when you use e-Statements*
- Mobile Banking
- Private Student Lending - to help fund the gap federal loans can leave
- Surcharge-free access at nearly 30,000 CO-OP ATMs nationwide
- 5,500 Surcharge free ATMs in 7-Eleven stores
- 9,000 Deposit-taking ATMs
- iPhone and Android Locator Apps
- Text to find an ATM: Text your zip to MYCOOP 692667.
- ATMs on campus: Library between Kennedy and Palmer wing, (this machine dispenses $5 bills) and Simpson Tower, near the vending machines.
- FREE Online Banking and Bill Payer
- Person To Person Payments with Popmoney
- Online Educational Modules
Learn more about the Credit Union Difference...
To join, visit the Credit Union, located just north of campus. No appointment is required. Click for hours and location. Please note: We can issue Debit/ATM cards on the spot - no waiting for the mail.
You will need to bring:
- Your School ID or class schedule
- A government-issued photo ID (such as drivers' license or passport)
- $35 or more for your minimum savings deposit (including a one-time $10 membership fee.)
- A copy of your most recent pay stub or proof of income (if applicable) when applying for a loan.
Membership applications are available in our office, or you can download one here.
Why the Credit Union and not a bank?
We are not-for-profit and member owned – that means more free and low cost services. Plus better rates on savings, auto loans, and personal loans with low monthly payments and online applications!
MYCOOP ATM locator and Mobile Banking are free services, but be sure to check with your mobile carier for data/text messaging costs!